Have you ever reached the point where you had to go over a mountain of clothes to get to a certain shirt you wanted to wear? Or have you ever taken 20 minutes to find a piece of clothing in your closet?
Well, I have experienced both a few times so I decided to give my closet a makeover. Here are the steps I took to make my life so much easier:
1) Set your time - I decided to devote at least 3 hours of my day to do this reorganization. If anyone thinks it will take less than that, you will be in for a big surprise.
|COACH Bracelet Watch|
2) Think ahead about all the supplies you may need in this endeavor - hangers for clothes and belts, shoe racks, boxes, etc.
3) Next, I relocated all my out of season clothes to another closet.
4) I organized similar items and colors together. For example, all shirts are arranged in one section by colors light to dark. I also separated formal from casual clothing. You may want to separate business from casual attire as well but my business and casual attire is currently the same.
5) I organized my shoes by color and I boxed out of season shoes.
6) I hung all my belts so I can see them.
7) I boxed my less used purses.
Popular recommendation is to donate or sell all clothes that you have not worn in six months. As a fashion blogger, I look at my clothes with a renewed potential so I don't follow this rule.
Thank you for taking a tour of my closet. If you have any closet makeover tips that work for you, please do share.